After cleaning and corking the models I busted out my airbrush:
First priming them brown:
Then using a mix of Skorne Red and Traitor Green (about a 6:1 ratio respectively):
Next I used the hairspray in two coats, however, I didn't use enough. So a word of warning to others attempting this technique, use two or three heavy coats to get this right. It'll save you a lot of work:
Next I went over them with Ironhull Grey (not airbrushing this time):
Finally, I used a soft-metal brush and water to brush away the top grey layer. Normally you should be able to use a lighter brush like a toothbrush, but I think my top layer was too thick and I didn't have enough hairspray layered. But they turned out just fine:
Until next time.