December 31, 2015

Look What I Did: 2015

This year was a damn good one for me hobby-wise. I painted, I built, I played, I read, I got good news and I surprisingly stayed consistent on this blog and at the hobby table. 2015 was a good one, so join me as I run through the ups and downs of the hobby for me this year and as you prep to get sloshed tonight, won't you? After the jump, a recap of 2015 here at TLA!

First off I did a couple of book reviews for the Harlequins, while painting up their counterparts. The first book was The Masque of Vyle by Andy Chambers and the other was Faces by Matthew Farrer.

Second, I (and I suppose the rest of the world) got the official Adeptus Mechanicus release from GW, a day I never thought I'd see, especially around my birthday. Long time readers might know how big of a fan I am of the AdMech. I haven't started painting this army, though, as I'm trying to round out non-40k stuff first as I already have 3 armies for that game.

I also had my 200th post, which is a Shout Out to my gaming group. You couldn't ask for a better bunch of geeks.

Next let's break down what I painted, game by game. Warhammer 40,000 was plentiful as I finished two 750pt armies; CSM and Tyranids. I've also almost finished the Harlequin army and had my first experience with painting diamond patterns.

This year WarmaHordes sat on the backburner for me, though mostly because I hardly have anything left to paint/build. However, PP finally released the *deep breath* Transfinite Emergence Projector and Permutation Servitors kit (or "Das Boot" as I call it), and so, I had to paint one up.

Kickstarter is a hell of a drug, and this year the Kings of War 2 Kickstarter sent out a majority of their finished product which I had taken full advantage of. While there are a ton of models to paint, I'm making the work easy on myself with simple and fast techniques that still look good. This army's miniatures will also be used in my games of Warhammer Fantasy, Song of Blades and Heroes as well as Dungeons and Dragons.

And speaking of which, 2015 also saw some Dungeons and Dragons models completed (I tend to get bored with characters at somewhat regular intervals). These might have been the most fun to paint as I typically prefer single-model painting, rather than the assembly line.

And that's about it for 2015, so happy New Year and let's break down the completed models scoreboard below.
  • Static Grass Basing Used: A Lot
  • Static Grass Basing Left: Still Too Much
  • Total Completed Model Count for 2015:  109

Until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment