I Like To Think My Walking Transports Are A Little Less Lame Than This
There has been some questions that have come up, in my games and for you playtesters out there, as to the specifics on how the Walking Transport Special Rule in the AdMech FanDex functions. Fear not! I'm here to spell it all out for you with specific scenarios and explanations. First, the actual rule states, "Any model with the Walking Transport Special Rule uses the same movement and shooting rules for walkers (see pages 72-73 of the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook.) This also applies to any passengers firing weapons from the transport. All other normal vehicle rules apply."
Knowing the above, let's take a look at the Movement Phase and what this means for the Gant and the Cantharis.
- Can move up to 6" in the movement phase. Period.
- When moving over difficult terrain it follows the same restrictions as Walkers/Infantry.
- If it fails a dangerous terrain test, it is immobilized.
- Walking Transports can never tank shock.
- Can fire all available weapons just like a stationary vehicle.
- Infantry being transported can fire all available weapons, restricted by the amount of fire points on the transport.
- Can choose to not fire any weapons (including infantry inside) and run in the same manner as Walkers/Infantry instead.
- If running, can still choose to pop smoke launchers just like Walkers.
- May pivot on the spot in the Shooting Phase to aim at an enemy with its weapons just like Walkers (this does not count as moving.)
- May not assault in any fashion.
- An enemy assaulting a Walking Transport automatically hits it if it was Immobilized or stationary in its previous turn.
- An enemy in close combat with a Walking Transport will hit on a 4+ if the Walking Transport moved up to 6" in its previous turn.
- If the Walking Transport moved more than 6" in its previous turn by running (also including if a Cantharis flew more than 6" in its previous movement phase,) then enemies in close combat will hit on a 6+.
- Walking Transports cannot be locked in combat with an enemy and vice-versus.
- All other scenarios follow the rules and restrictions for vehicles found on Page 63 of the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook.
Until next time!