April 8, 2010

Ultramarines Update

After a Necron update, I thought I should put out an update for my other army, The Ultramarines. After reaching the purchasing plateau of Space Marines (pretty much at least 1 unit/vehicle/model of everything) I've run out of things to mod, magnet and mess with. With a heavy sigh, I feel it's time to paint. Anyone who knows me or reads this blog knows I have a severe hatred of painting, but I've made some headway on the task at hand!

Day 1 of painting went well. I completed 1 Assault Marine and I think he looks spiffy:


After completing this duder, I needed 2 hours of Battlefield Bad Company 2, some gin, a movie and a few other distractions. 1 week later I got back to work and completed a second Assault Marine! With over 6000 points of SMs and moving at this fantastic pace I should be finished in roughly 7 years, 8 months, 1 day, 15 hours, 27 minutes and 7 seconds from the time of this posting... Give or take.

As a side note, I found a neato way to get those damned transfer sheet icons to stay put. After using water to apply the icon the normal way, I wait for it to dry, then apply a small coat of LOCTITE Brush-on super glue. I bought this stuff a while back on a whim, since the purchase I've used it for applying grass basing and now transfer sheets.

Once again, LOCTITE is win. Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Behold the awesome might of Loctite! Perhaps it can also paint space marines. Or maybe if you huff it you'll think it painted your space marines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you mix white school glue with some water( about 50/50) and brush it over the decals you wont have such a glossy look over the decal.

    ReplyDelete