April 8, 2010

Ultramarines Update

After a Necron update, I thought I should put out an update for my other army, The Ultramarines. After reaching the purchasing plateau of Space Marines (pretty much at least 1 unit/vehicle/model of everything) I've run out of things to mod, magnet and mess with. With a heavy sigh, I feel it's time to paint. Anyone who knows me or reads this blog knows I have a severe hatred of painting, but I've made some headway on the task at hand!

Day 1 of painting went well. I completed 1 Assault Marine and I think he looks spiffy:


After completing this duder, I needed 2 hours of Battlefield Bad Company 2, some gin, a movie and a few other distractions. 1 week later I got back to work and completed a second Assault Marine! With over 6000 points of SMs and moving at this fantastic pace I should be finished in roughly 7 years, 8 months, 1 day, 15 hours, 27 minutes and 7 seconds from the time of this posting... Give or take.

As a side note, I found a neato way to get those damned transfer sheet icons to stay put. After using water to apply the icon the normal way, I wait for it to dry, then apply a small coat of LOCTITE Brush-on super glue. I bought this stuff a while back on a whim, since the purchase I've used it for applying grass basing and now transfer sheets.

Once again, LOCTITE is win. Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Behold the awesome might of Loctite! Perhaps it can also paint space marines. Or maybe if you huff it you'll think it painted your space marines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! /sniff /passout

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you mix white school glue with some water( about 50/50) and brush it over the decals you wont have such a glossy look over the decal.

    ReplyDelete